Friday, March 14, 2014

A Snippet Of Time

I got an email from one of my friends who is on a mission and in it he asked me to share a moment I learned a life lesson in only a snippet of time. I was so surprised by the question and I've been thinking about it a lot. I've thought about it all week and have shuffled through memories. I sat on the play mat with the babies and a new lesson unfolded before me.

As I was sitting there I handed Sophie a toy and she played with it for quite sometime but eventually it got pushed just out of her reach. So badly I wanted to grab the toy and put it back in her arms, but mobility is something the babies are learning. Her little fingers stretched and stretched and she began to get frustrated. And my urge to help her got stronger. But I sat back and a thought hit me. This is how Heavenly Father must feel about us. I cheered her on, "Come on Soph, you can do it." Soon she shifted her little body and the tips of her fingers pulled the toy back.

I'm not sure if this fits under the category of life lessons but it was a comforting, peaceful realization to me. Heavenly Father loves us so He allows us to grow. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for Him to watch us struggle, yet He is patient with us and determined for us. Many times in life I've been upset with what I'm having to do, just like Sophie reaching for the toy but just as I'm ready to pull back I've felt His love push me forward. "Come on Jess, you can do it." And the tips of my fingers cling to hope and pull me through. What a blessing it is to reach.

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much, and I love you! Such a great perspective.

    ReplyDelete