Monday, June 9, 2014

Change

It's inevitable. It's constant. Second by second things are changing. Whether you are the movement of it or the victim of it, it's happening. You can't really see it. Time isn't visible and sometimes I wish it were. I wish I could sit next to it and ask it to stop for a second or speed up or even just ask what it feels like to constantly be moving. Nothing moves faster. All things are measured by it. And time means change no matter what you do. One day you wake up and realize everything is different, but what in the world got me here? And of course, time did. It's an ongoing, illusive, unpredictable.

This past year has slipped by me in minutes. A moment ago I remember eating cheese and crackers with my sister and her giant belly full of babies. BABIES. What a crazy thought that was. Now babies are always on my mind. Those babies and their little giggles and squeals. A moment ago my best friend and I were sitting on a curb, talking about life and enjoying the stars. And now we are living far from that curb and the thoughts we had. A moment ago me and my mom were driving in the fall leaves, taking back roads, and laughing. A moment ago I didn't know what the future held. I still don't. But I find comfort in the night. Knowing I lived another little piece of the future.

So here's to change and accepting it. Moving with it and not against it. I've never had a change in my life that hasn't ended up having a beautiful outcome. No matter how hard, different, or unexpected there's an opportunity to embrace it and grow. Like they say, "Only time will tell".


No comments:

Post a Comment