Friday, April 25, 2014

Instant Butterflies

Butterflies. I'd like to know who was the first person to come up with that description. It's so perfect. So I was thinking, what are things that give me instant butterflies? And I discovered some of those things are quite silly. Things like:

- When the band first walks out at a concert
- Cliff jumping
- Summer drives with the windows down
- Seeing someone I've missed
- NYC
- When a roller coaster goes down its first drop
- Meeting someone for the first time
- Christmas Eve
- Driving through the mountains when the leaves have changed
- When the plane touches down
- Night hikes
- Midnight movies
- Falling in love with a new song
- Running into the ocean
- Smelling the pines while pulling into the cabin

And of course, the classic..

- Kissing

Some butterflies are more gentle than others but they are always a reminder that I'm alive. Life is exciting and adventure is everywhere, even in the simplest of forms. Oh those silly butterflies. Want to know what else gives me butterflies? Fridays. Have a such wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment